RESEARCH FIELDMedical sciences
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE15/09/2017 23:00 - Europe/London
LOCATIONPortugal › Lisboa
TYPE OF CONTRACTTo be defined
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/12/2017
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
MARIE CURIE GRANT AGREEMENT NUMBER675395
The Instituto de Medicina Molecular in Lisbon (iMM Lisboa) opens a PhD posistion at Marc Veldhoen Laboratory as part of the European Network Linking Informatics and Genomics of Helper T cells (ENLIGHT-TEN) consortium, which is a Marie Sklodowska-Curie Innovative Training Network (ITN-ETN) funded in the framework of the HORIZON 2020 program.
The call is NOW open until September 15th, 2017.
Applications (includes Motivation letter, detailed CV, copies of certificates and letters of references) must be sent to Human Resources through the email firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating the reference “ENLIGHT-TEN – IMM/CT/4-2017” as subject.
For more information, please check our website at https://imm.medicina.ulisboa.pt/en/job-opportunities/vacancies/
The position is aimed at being full-time and is designed for a duration of 22 months within the ENLIGH-TEN framework. The total salary package will be paid by the host organization, according to the allowance amounts defined in the rules for Early Stage Researchers (ESRs) EU Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions Innovative Training Networks (ITN) (http://ec.europa.eu/research/participants/portal/doc/call/h2020/h2020-ms...)
• Living allowance – 33.252, 12€ / per year
• Mobility allowance – 7.200€ / per year
• Family allowance – 6.000€ (if applicable) / per year
IMPORTANT NOTE: The amount above concerning living allowance include all charges with gross salary and other allowances (Holiday, Christmas and meal) under the contract, work accident insurance and all taxes due according to Portuguese Labor Law.
1. The candidate should hold a Master degree in a relevant discipline (Biology, Medical/Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or another relevant discipline), or will receive this before the appointment date;
2. She or he received her/his master degree within 4 years before the date of appointment, has not been awarded a PhD degree;
3. The candidate can be of any nationality but did not reside or carry out his/hers main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of their host organisation for more than 12 months during the 3 years immediately prior to the appointment date;
4. iMM Lisboa welcomes candidates of any nationality, irrespective of gender, age, race or ethnic background.
Application and Selection process
The call for applications is NOW OPEN: deadline September 15th, 2017
- Motivation letter
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae
- Copies of Certificates
- Letters of references
Applications should be sent Human Resources through the email email@example.com, indicating the reference “ENLIGHT-TEN – IMM/CT/4-2017” as subject.
The not complying with these requirements determines the immediate rejection of the application.
Communication of Results
The results will be published at https://imm.medicina.ulisboa.pt/en/job-opportunities/results/ and posted at the entrance lobby of the Institute.
The PhD student will perform his/her main research activity at the iMM Lisboa at Marc Veldhoen Laboratory.
In the same time he/she will be highly connected with the ENLIGHT-TEN consortium. As part of the program, the students will attend summer schools on relevant topics and annual scientific meetings of the consortium. The PhD student will also spend some months in 2 other labs or companies of the consortium to learn new technologies, leading to a strong background in molecular and cellular immunology.
The successful PhD candidate will study the biology of T cells in the course of an immune responses leading to production of different T cell characteristics and functions. The proposal will use mouse models of disease. The ultimate objective consists on the identification of unique characteristics of T cell function related to different types of environments and tissues that may lead to the development of novel therapeutic strategies in chronic disease.
EURAXESS offer ID: 231722