RESEARCH FIELDCultural studiesLanguage sciences
RESEARCHER PROFILEEstablished Researcher (R3)Leading Researcher (R4)
APPLICATION DEADLINE08/08/2017 22:00 - UTC
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK30.4
The successful candidate will be responsible for specific core undergraduate and graduate level courses at the department of Archaeological Heritage and Society, with the opportunity to participate in developing and teaching new graduate programs at Leiden University. Core activities will be participation in the MA and BA education programs, including coordination of the museum and heritage internships at both MA and BA levels. He/she will contribute to the supervision of theses and dissertations within the BA, (R)MA and PhD programs.
Apart from teaching, the assistant professor is expected to work on his or her research program with the goals of publications, eventual applications for external funding, and the dissemination of research results to the greater academic audience. The candidate is also required to participate in the department’s administrative responsibilities, commensurate with experience and level of appointment.
We offer a 1-year fixed-term term position with possibility of renewal for 1 more year based on need, funding and performance. The position is available as of 1 September, 2017.
Salary range from € 3,475.- to € 5,405.- gross per month (scale 11 or 12 in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities). Salary scale depends on education and experience.
Leiden University offers an attractive benefits package with additional holiday (8%) and end-of-year bonuses (8.3 %), training and career development and sabbatical leave. Our individual choices model gives you some freedom to assemble your own set of terms and conditions. Candidates from outside the Netherlands may be eligible for a substantial tax break. More at www.workingat.leiden.edu/.
Leiden University is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from members of underrepresented groups.
To apply for this vacancy, please send an email to the Departmental Secretary, Ms. Y. Haring. Please ensure that you attach the following documents as a single PDF file quoting the vacancy number:
• A cover letter stating your motivation for this position;
• A cv and publication list;
• Proof of teaching experience (student evaluations, BKO or other certificate of teaching skills);
• A PDF of your PhD dissertation and your most relevant recent articles;
• Copies of your academic transcripts;
• The names and contact addresses of three academic referees, of which at least one must not be the thesis supervisor or the current employer.
The selection procedure will take place in begin august, and selected candidates will be invited for a(n) (Skype) interview in mid-August. You are kindly requested to be available in this period.
Enquiries about the Assistant Professor position in Heritage Practices can be made to Dr. Mariana De Campos Françozo, email email@example.com.
Web site for additional job details
- The department is seeking candidates who demonstrate excellence in teaching and research and whose academic profile contributes to the recent developments in the field of Heritage Studies, with particular emphasis on Heritage Practices;
- PhD in Archaeology, Anthropology, Heritage Studies, Museum Studies or another heritage-related discipline;
- At least 2 years of post-doctoral teaching experience in the field of heritage studies (including museum studies);
- A good track record of research and publications is desirable;
- Clear interest in theoretical and empirical developments in heritage practices, including one or more of the following fields: cultural heritage, heritage law, visitor studies, collections management and care, conservation practices ;
- Excellent command of academic English;
- Knowledge of Dutch is a competitive advantage.
- Leiden University requires teaching staff to obtain the University Teaching Qualification (UTQ). If the successful applicant does not already possess this qualification or its equivalent, he/ she must be willing to obtain it within two years.
EURAXESS offer ID: 229397
Posting organisation offer ID: 41365