ORGANISATION/COMPANYChatolic faculty of theology
RESEARCH FIELDReligious sciences › Theology
RESEARCHER PROFILELeading Researcher (R4)
APPLICATION DEADLINE03/07/2017 16:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONCroatia › Zagreb
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK40
Participates in structuring the teaching plan and programme in his/her teaching area and in accordance with that, he/she conducts teaching and other forms of teaching work in the group of courses that belong to the scientific discipline in which he/she has been appointed;
conducts exams and other forms of evaluation of knowledge of students according to the teaching plan and programme;
improves on the teaching process, proposes, develops and conducts methods of monitoring and evaluating the teaching work;
individually or in cooperation with other teachers and experts works of textbooks and handbooks and contributes to the development of other teaching materials and aids;
conducts and/or participates in scientific-research and professional work, publishes results, and takes care of education of young, upcoming scientists;
actively participates in the work of national and international scientific and professional symposia;
is a member of professional committees involved in processes of appointments/re-appointments into grades and for job positions of teachers and associates at the Faculty and, more generally, in processes of appointments into grades in the area of theology;
participates in choosing younger associates and in creating personnel policy of the department in which he/she works;
participates in the work of the Faculty Board and its working bodies;
can propose and direct national and international projects that have a significant impact on the development of his/her scientific area and profession;
encourages students to work independently and to be interested in education and improvement;
is a mentor in writing of diploma, licentiate, and doctoral theses and a member of committees for the defence of these theses;
works on his/her own improvement by following the development of the scientific discipline and profession, as well as pedagogical theory and practice.
An application has to be supplemented by: all the necessary documents in four copies while written application documents need to be also submitted in electronic version (on a CD) in two copies.
An application is considered full and completed if it contains all the information and supplements prescribed by the public competition. Incomplete and untimely applications will be discarded and will not be taken into consideration. Applicants need to submit their applications, supplemented by the proofs of meeting the necessary conditions prescribed by the competition, in the period of no more than 30 days from the day the competition has been announced in the Official Gazette. Applications need to be sent to the Faculty’s address with the note “for competition”.
Web site for additional job details
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELReligious sciences: PhD or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESCROATIAN: Excellent
All applicants for appointments should meet the general requirements prescribed by the Law on Scientific Activity and Higher Education (Official Gazette no. 123/03, 198/03, 105/04, 174/04, 02/07 OU, 46/07, 45/09, 63/11, 94/13, 139/13, 101/14 OU, and 60/15), and special requirements prescribed by the Statute of the University of Zagreb, the Statute of the Catholic Faculty of Theology of the University of Zagreb, the Ordinance on Requirements for Appointments into scientific grades and the Decision of the Rector’s Assembly on the Necessary Conditions for Evaluating the Teaching and Scientific Activity During the Process of Appointment in Scientific-teaching Grades (Official Gazette no. 106/06).
An application for the competition has to be supplemented by the following documents:
- resume (should not be longer than 1 page of text),
- nihil obstat of one’s diocesan bishop (for candidates who are priests),
- copy of the proof of citizenship,
- proof of competency in Croatian language and in Latin alphabet of advanced level for those candidates who are not Croatian citizens,
- copy of the certificate which shows that a candidate holds an academic degree of doctor of science in the field of theology/ copy of the writ on recognition of the aforementioned certificate for those applicants who obtained their academic qualification abroad,
- copy of the proof of work experience at an institution of higher education,
- copy of the proof of the last appointment in a grade and on a job position at an institution of higher education,
- statement on meeting the competition’s, i. e. minimal legal requirements for the appointment,
- statement on previous scientific, teaching, and professional activities at an institution of higher education and outside of it,
- proofs on meeting the necessary requirements prescribed by the Rector’s Assembly for evaluating the teaching and scientific activity during the process of appointment in a scientific-teaching grade.
- proof of conducted institutional study of quality of teaching work – the grade of student questionnaire;
- three lists of published articles according to the recognised categorisation; these should include: lists of all articles written and published before and after the last appointment to the current grade at an institution of higher education, and a list of all articles that should be taken into account in an application for an appropriate grade within this competition, i.e. the decision of the Main Committee on conducted appointment to a scientific grade
- published scientific articles according to the recognised categorisation and in the needed number for the appointment to the appropriate grade specified in the competition (these should be put in a separate folder to differentiate them from other articles an applicant might wish to submit); i.e. the decision of the Main Committee on conducted appointment to a scientific grade
EURAXESS offer ID: 221985
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.