RESEARCH FIELDComputer science › Other
RESEARCHER PROFILELeading Researcher (R4)
APPLICATION DEADLINE05/07/2017 12:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONAustria › Graz
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
REFERENCE NUMBERKS/7/99 ex 2016/17
The tenure-track professorship is to complement the existing competences in the areas of long-term archiving and digital scholarly editions in research and teaching with aspects of sustainable, digital processing and preservation of as well as access to cultural heritage. The focus lies on questions of digital representation and dissemination of non-textual cultural heritage objects. This includes, in particular, fields of research such as digital / virtual museums, metadata modeling of museum objects as well as the utilisation of these metadata for research and dissemination. Applications such as 3D digitisation or digital reconstructions are further domains within this area of research. An important task of the tenure-track professorship will be the development of a virtual museum at the University of Graz, maintenance and development of cooperation structures with regional, national and international research and cultural heritage institutions and the support and education of students and young scientists. A doctorate or PhD (for example from the subjects of digital humanities, computer science, museology, archeology, art history, ethnology, history) with a focus on the application of computer-aided methods for the analysis, processing and presentation of cultural heritage objects is expected.
The minimum salary as stated in the collective agreement and according to the classification scheme is EUR 50.772,40 gross per year or EUR 60.043,20 gross per year with qualificational agreement.
The University of Graz strives to increase the proportion of women in particular in management and faculty positions and therefore encourages qualified women to apply.
Especially with regard to academic staff, we welcome applications from persons with disabilities who meet the requirements of the advertised position.
If you are interested, please submit your application documents in accordance with the general application guidelines (which can be found at http://jobs.uni-graz.at/Auswahlverfahren-Laufbahnprofessuren) within the deadline. Your application documents should include the reference number of the position and be sent by email to:
Web site for additional job details
- Doctorate or PhD (for example from the subjects of digital humanities, computer science, museology, archeology, art history, ethnology, history) with a focus on the application of computer-aided methods for the analysis, processing and presentation of cultural heritage objects.
- Outstanding research performance in the scope of the tenure-track professorship (commensurate with academic age)
- Concrete plan for a habilitation project in the fields of research described above
- Multi-year, relevant professional experience at a research institution or in the cultural heritage sector
- Very good english skills
- Competences in the area of gender mainstreaming
- Written statement of the candidate’s perception of university teaching
- Teaching experience (desirable)
- Experience in the procurement of third-party funding (desirable)
- International experience after completion of the master's programme (desirable)
- High personal motivation for scientific excellence in research and teaching, as well as the ability to inspire colleagues and students.
- Ability to do independent research as well as to collaborate in research teams
- Aptitude for work with others in an interdisciplinary and internationally oriented environment
- Responsible approach to work, resilience and problem solving abilities.
EURAXESS offer ID: 221336