ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Copenhagen
RESEARCH FIELDMedical sciences
RESEARCHER PROFILEEstablished Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE03/05/2017 00:00 - Europe/London
LOCATIONDenmark › Copenhagen
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK37
OFFER STARTING DATE01/08/2017
Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences
University of Copenhagen
The University seeks to appoint a clinical professor of Pathological Anatomy and Cytology to the Department of Clinical Medicine to commence as soon as possible. The professorship is combined with a consultancy at Rigshospitalet, Department of Pathology in the Capital Region.
It is a requirement for appointment that the applicant is accepted for both the professorship and the consultancy. In order to be considered the applicant must send an application to both the Faculty (the professorship) and to the Hospital (the consultancy) cf. the simultaneously advertised position of the consultancy. This also applies to applicants who are already employed as consultants at the Hospital. The advertisement for the consultancy is available from https://www.sundhedsjobs.dk/jobopslag/316869.
Information on the Department can be found at: http://ikm.ku.dk/
When considering applications for the professorship, the main emphasis will be on the applicant's ability to document a high level of original scientific work at an international level within the area of Pathological Anatomy and Cytology.
The professor’s responsibilities will primarily consist of:
- Research, including publication/academic dissemination
- Research-based teaching, including associated examination
- Research leadership, including guidance and supervision of researchers
- Obligation to share knowledge with the rest of society, including participation in public debate
- Academic assessments
- Responsibility for promotion of the academic development of Pathological Anatomy and Cytology.
Required qualifications The successful applicant should be able to:
- Document a high degree of original academic production at an international level, including considerable contributions to the development of the academic discipline
- Manage research and other management functions, e.g. engage in the university’s external academic activities, as well as knowledge and technology transfer
- Provide research-based teaching
The professor is also required to possess good interpersonal and communicative skills.
Terms of employment For the professorship the appointee will receive a pensionable annual salary of DKK 176.455 (1 April 2015 level).
The position is covered by the Job Structure for Academic Staff at Universities 2013.
Questions For further information please contact the Head of Department, Lars Bo Nielsen, firstname.lastname@example.org.
After 1 April 2017, please contact Clinical Professor Jesper Hastrup Svendsen for further information at email@example.com.
Foreign applicants may find this link useful: www.ism.ku.dk (International Staff Mobility).
Application The application must be submitted in English and must include the following:
- Indication of which hospital the applicant wishes to apply for the consultancy at (applicants can only apply to one hospital for the consultancy).
- Application, including reasons for applying for this position (max 2 pages)
- Curriculum vitae, including list of publications
- Diplomas – all relevant certificates
- Research plan (3‐5 pages)
- Publications to be considered in the assessment (max 10)
- Teaching plan
- Teaching portfolio (link to portfolio guidelines: http://uddannelseskvalitet.ku.dk/quality-assurance-of-study-programmes/university-guidelines/pedagogic-basis-and-guidelines/
- Vision for academic development of Pathological Anatomy and Cytology
Application procedure After the expiry of the deadline for applications, the authorized recruitment manager selects applicants for assessment on the advice of the Appointments Committee. All applicants are then immediately notified whether their application has been passed for assessment. The Dean then appoints an expert assessment committee in order to make an assessment of the selected applicants for the specific post. Selected applicants are notified of the composition of the committee and each applicant has the opportunity to comment on the part of the assessment that relates to the applicant him/herself. You can read about the recruitment process at jobportal.ku.dk.
Please note that the applicant will be contacted if the assessment committee requires further documentation.
The applicant will be assessed according to the Ministerial Order no. 242 of 13 March 2012 on the Appointment of Academic Staff at Universities.
The University of Copenhagen encourages all interested applicants to apply for this position.
Please submit the application with the required attachments. Only online applications will be accepted. The closing date for applications is 23.59pm CET, Monday 3 May 2017.
Interviews for this position will most likely be held on 31 August 2017.
EURAXESS offer ID: 194406
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.