ORGANISATION/COMPANYInstitute of Geophysics Polish Academy of Sciences
RESEARCH FIELDGeosciences › Geology
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)First Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE10/04/2017 21:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONPoland › Warsaw
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK40
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020
Institute of Geophysics Polish Academy of Sciences is recruiting a Postdoctoral person to undertake a job in Department of Seismology, in H2020 project realization. The employee will develop, adapt, update and test various statistical and seismological toolboxes, capable to describe and model the processes of earthquake initiation and the evolution of induced and natural seismicity.
- PhD degree in mathematics, physics or earth sciences.
- Experience in statistical data analysis, probabilistic modelling, statistical inference
- Desirable knowledge of seismology/statistical seismology
- MATLAB or PYTHON programing skills in level allowing code creation for independent implementation on web platform and for external use without author’s supervision.
- Very good command of English.
3 years employment.
Position supported by H2020 project.
1. CV - with particular emphasis on scientific achievements
2. Cover Letter
3. The document confirming obtaining the degree of doctor
4. Other documents which are vital to the case (at the discretion of the candidate).
EURAXESS offer ID: 188620
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.