ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversitat Oberta de Catalunya
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE31/05/2017 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONSpain › Castelldefels
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/09/2017
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
MARIE CURIE GRANT AGREEMENT NUMBER722788
We are looking for highly motivated, an enthusiastic junior scientist, with an MSc in electrical engineering or related fields, aiming at significantly improving their career perspectives in both public and private sectors. Excellent research skills and analytical abilities are required, fluency in English (spoken and written), proactive communication skills and problem solving as part of a team, strong record keeping, great work ethic and initiatives are essential characteristics.
This position is fully funded for 3 years by the European Commission under the H2020 Marie Curie Innovative Training Network Programme. The recruited ESR will be highly encouraged to enroll to the Ph.D. programme.
In this context, the position is offered by Open University of Catalonia (UOC), located in Barcelona, Spain. The position will be oriented towards future 5G networks and architectures, including concepts such as:
- Network function virtualization and resource slicing
- Software Defined Networking (SDN) principles
- Edge cloud/fog network architectures
- 5G architectures and concepts (C-RAN, F-RAN, etc.)
- mmWave communications
Specific description of the open position is given below:
The ESR will focus on the design and optimization of efficient algorithms for fronthaul/backhaul networks, in the context of 5G networks with dense heterogeneous deployments (C-RAN, small cells, etc) and novel transmission techniques (mmWave communications, massively distributed MIMO, etc.). Network function virtualization and dynamic resource slicing will play a key role in the allocation and orchestration of the available network resources.
Requirements: The candidate must have a strong mathematical background, fluency in English (spoken and written) and excellent analytical and writing skills. Experience in optimization, game theory, stochastic modeling and network virtualization will be highly appreciated.
Mobility requirement: Within the duration of the project, the ESRs will perform a secondment of up-to 6 months at NESSOS, Athens, Greece (http://www.nessos.gr/), one of the SPOTLIGHT industrial partners.
24 working days of holidays + 9 days of conciliation, flexibility in working hours, eWork
• The applicants should not be in possession of a doctoral degree, but they should have the qualifications to embark on a PhD program.
• The applicants (regardless of their nationalities) must not have resided or carried out their main activities (work, studies, etc.) in Spain for more than 12 months in the last 3 years.
• Marie Curie ITNs provide competitive financial support to the ESR including: a competitive monthly living and mobility allowance, coverage of the expenses related to the participation of the ESR in research and training activities (contribution to research-related costs, meetings, conference attendance, training actions, etc.).
To apply, please provide:
1) a cover letter indicating the applied position(s) and justifying your suitability
2) a detailed CV and complete transcripts
3) the name and address of two referees to support your application.
Applications should be sent to email@example.com
Required Research Experiences
YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCE1 - 4
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELTechnology: Master Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
EURAXESS offer ID: 187530
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.