ORGANISATION/COMPANYInstitute of High Pressure Physics of the Polish Academy of Sciences
RESEARCH FIELDPhysics › Applied physicsPhysics › Solid state physics
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE27/03/2017 12:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONPoland › Warsaw
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/04/2017
„Tunnel junction and its applications for GaN based optoelectronics” project funded by Foundation for Polish Science
New concept of p-n tunnel junctions and their application in novel optoelectronic GaN-based devices will be investigated. Tunnel junctions may be applied to multicolor LEDs, vertical laser diodes, high power laser diode arrays, efficient solar cells or vertical n-p-n transistors. These devices will be fabricated using plasma assisted molecular beam epitaxy.
The project will involve collaboration between the Institute of High Pressure Physics Polis Academy of Sciences, Faculty of Physics Warsaw University, Faculty of Physics Wrocław University of Technology, Technical Universities of Madrid and Montpellier and TopGaN company, that develops commercial nitride laser diode solutions.
The innovative concept proposed in the project is based on the unique construction of the p-n tunnel junction that provides high tunneling efficiency through the junction minimizing its resistivity. The concept makes use of very high electric fields present in wurtzite crystal structure that modify the nitride tunnel junctions properties.
We will aim at fabrication edge-emitting laser diodes emitting at 480-490 nm (DFB – Distributed Feedback) and cascade multicolor LEDs. We will investigate the possibility of the application of tunnel junctions in monolithic vertical cavity surface emitting laser diodes (VCSELs).
Scientific results obtained in the Project will be commercialized in TopGaN company that will support the scientists in laser diodes and LEDs processing.
Key responsibilities include:
- Modelling of optical modes in blue, cyan and green laser diodes
- Modelling of optical losses in these laser diodes
- Carrier transport modeling using commercial computation software (e.g. SiLENSe, LASTIP)
- Molecular Beam Epitaxy (MBE) of laser diode structures
- Laser didoes optical and electrical characterization: electroluminescence, Hakki-Paoli measurements, measurements in integrational sphere, L-I-V measurements in a function of temperature
Profile of candidates/requirements:
- MSc or MA degree, PhD in Physics or Engineering sciences .
- Experience in molecular beam epitaxy (MBE) of nitride quantum structures
- Experience and understanding in optical characterization of wide bandgap semiconductor layers, quantum structures and device structures (e.g. photoluminescence, electroluminescence).
- Work experience in clean-room laboratory.
- Experience in laser diode structures modeling.
- Scientific records – at least 10 publications in recognized Physics journals (listed in ISI Master Journal List).
- Very good command of English (oral and written)
- Motivation and passion for experimental work
- Application letter
- Essay describing scientific interests and achievements of the candidate, including the information about candidate contributions to scientific projects and scientific aspirations. Maximum length 3500 characters.
- Copy (scan) of the university diploma.
- Copy (scan) of the PhD diploma or other document confirming the PhD title.
- List of publications
- Two letters with references (in Polish or English) from experienced scientists in the field
Please submit the following documents to: czeslaw (at) unipress.waw.pl
Application deadline: March 27, 2017, 12:00. Recruitment talks are planned on March 28 and 29, 2017.
For more details about the position please visit: http://www.fnp.org.pl/en/oferta_pracy/post-doc-physics/
Please include in your offer:
“I hereby give consent for my personal data included in my application to be processed for the purposes of the recruitment process under the Personal Data Protection Act as of 29 August 1997, consolidated text: Journal of Laws 2016, item 922 as amended.”
EURAXESS offer ID: 186108