ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversitat de Barcelona
RESEARCH FIELDAnthropology › Social anthropology
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE22/03/2017 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONSpain › Barcelona
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK16
OFFER STARTING DATE01/05/2017
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / ERC
This is a 12 months part-time project administrator role: working closely with the Principal Investigator, Dr. Silvia De Zordo (Universitat de Barcelona – Department of Anthropology), with Opir (International Research Projects Office), and with the ERC (European Research Council – project’s funder), the post holder will be responsible for the daily operational, administrative and financial support for the project.
You will need to be meticulous, well-organised, and confident working with spreadsheets, web-based administrative and finance systems, and a multi-media, multi-lingual website. You will be able to work on your own initiative and within the team, self-managing a varied workload with competing priorities, deal calmly with difficult or pressured situations and prioritise your own workload to meet deadlines, with the flexibility to reorganise your workload at short notice to accommodate any changing priorities within the team.
The ability to interact positively and to communicate effectively with the research team members as well as with Opir and the ERC, with a commitment to providing a high standard of service, is essential.
You will be part of a research team based at the University of Barcelona (Host Institution) and your principal duties and responsibilities will be:
- Manage the project’s calendar and the travels/meetings’ planning/agenda.
- Plan and monitor the project budgets and ensure all expenditure and procedures around contracts are processed efficiently through the University’s finance system.
- Maintain records of project information and documentation and manage the storage and back-up of key data, liaising with Project Partners (including the University of Central Florida and Ibis Reproductive Health, based in the US).
- Manage the project multi-lingual website, which contains interactive elements and needs to be constantly updated.
- Maintain social media activity related to the project.
- Eventually undertake other tasks, including collecting literature/news on the main topics of the study or interviews’ transcription, depending on the project’s needs and your working schedule.
Salary (gross): 758, 69 euros p/month
The research project: this is a 5 years long ERC Starting Grant project titled “Women travelling to seek abortion care in Europe: the impact of barriers to legal abortion on women living in countries with ostensibly liberal abortion laws” (Acronym: BAR2LEGAB; number: 680004). You can find a summary of the research project at http://cordis.europa.eu/project/rcn/203367_en.html
How to apply:
Please send the following documentation to the PI and the Co-Is by March 22nd :
- Current CV
- 2 letters of reference from supervisors or colleagues who are familiar with the applicant’s experience and skills
- Letter of interest explaining the applicant’s suitability for the position and relevant experience (maximum 2 pages)
PI’s email address: email@example.com
We will communicate the list of the shortlisted candidates by March 30th and will invite the selected candidates to an interview (via Skype if you do not live in Spain-Barcelona) in early April.
The Host Institution: The University of Barcelona is one of the most important Universities in Spain and offers a rich and stimulating research environment for carrying out this project. The research will be located in the Department of Anthropology (http://www.ub.edu/antropo/), which promotes international research in key anthropological domains that are of great relevance for this project – anthropology of reproduction, kinship and gender studies (see particularly the GRAPP and GENI research groups to which Dr. De Zordo is affiliated).
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELAnthropology: Bachelor Degree or equivalentSociology: Bachelor Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: ExcellentSPANISH: Excellent
- Background: BA (completed or in advanced stage), preferably in social sciences, humanities or public health.
- Previous experience with research projects’ management/administration.
- Previous experience of working with public-engaged research, interacting with academics.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power point, Onedrive etc.).
- Some knowledge of data storage and sharing programmes (e.g. Dropbox).
- Some knowledge of website’s management, broadcasting, archives.
- Excellent professional oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- A flair for detail.
- A desire and aptitude for collaborative working across project teams.
- The ability to respond to conflicting deadlines, work independently and self-manage your time.
- Other languages: Catalan (excellent or good oral and writing skills), French and/or Italian (excellent reading skills).
EURAXESS offer ID: 185063
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.