ORGANISATION/COMPANYJožef Stefan Institute
RESEARCH FIELDChemistry › Analytical chemistry
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE22/03/2017 22:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONSlovenia › Ljubljana
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
The ERA Chair ISO-FOOD “ERA CHAIR FOR ISOTOPE TECHNIQUES IN FOOD QUALITY, SAFETY AND TRACEABILITY” at Jožef Stefan Institute aims at strengthening its research excellence related to metrology in food. We are currently looking for:A post-doctoral researcher: Metrology in chemistry
A position is vacant for a postdoctoral researcher to implement principles of metrology in chemistry for food analysis and characterization, particularly related to food safety issues (inorganic and organic contaminants). The selected candidate will combine laboratory experiments and analytical measurements and apply and develop metrologically based support to secure comparability of measurement results. The new team member will work within a dynamic and interdisciplinary international research environment, with the possibility to learn new techniques and skills. He/she is expected to critically evaluate and improve analytical approaches, validate the measurement procedures, develop appropriate uncertainty assessments based on internationally valid principles. It is also expected that the selected candidate will putt his/her own stamp on the research.
Tenure: A position at the postdoctoral level (max 2 years) open to international candidates for an initial one year fixed-term contract, extendable with additional year after positive evaluation.
Location: Jožef Stefan Institute, Jamova 39, Ljubljana, Slovenia.
Salary: According to institute standard remuneration rates.
Profile and requirements
Profile and requirements
- You hold (or obtain during the application period) a doctoral degree (PhD) in Analytical Chemistry;
- You are familiar with concepts related to metrology in chemistry;
- You are highly motivated to work in an international, dynamic environment;
- You have excellent English communication writing and presentation skills;
- You are quality-oriented and creative and have demonstrated organization skills;
- A record of publications in quality, peer reviewed journals in the field of food/organic/inorganic/analytical/environmental chemistry.
How to apply?
- Applicants must send the required supporting documents, updated CV, intention letter and two recommendation letters to email@example.com until 7. April, 2017.
- For questions about the profile and the job description, please contact ERA Chair Holder Dr David Heath (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The Jožef Stefan Institute is as an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation.
EURAXESS offer ID: 183912