ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity College Cork
RESEARCH FIELDEnvironmental science › Global change
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE24/02/2017 17:00 - Europe/London
LOCATIONIreland › Cork
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEKN/A
PhD STUDENTSHIP: Connecting Continents-A Global Electricity Model using PLEXOS.
The PhD candidate will develop a global electricity model of the future power system using the PLEXOS Integrated Energy Software and test scenarios of global transnational grids.
For Informal Enquiries on the post candidates should contact:
Name: Prof. Brian Ó Gallachóir
Title: Principal Investigator in Energy Policy and Modelling
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone: +353 21 490 3037
Please submit a short cover letter and C.V. to Prof. Brian Ó Gallachóir, Principal Investigator in Energy Policy and Modelling, email@example.com , +353 21 490 3037, on or before the closing date February 24th, 2017.
Supplementary Information on the Department/Research Centre and the post is available at the following URL: http://www.ucc.ie/energypolicy/
- Must be enthusiastic, resourceful and motivated
- Excellent computer skills
- Minimum second-class honours degree (or equivalent) in engineering or a similar discipline
- Technical competence and accomplishment
- Capability of working within a project team to achieve results
- Good communication, organisation and interpersonal skills
EURAXESS offer ID: 182326