ORGANISATION/COMPANYFaculdade de Ciências Sociais e Humanas
RESEARCH FIELDHistory › Archaeology
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE03/03/2017 17:00 - Europe/London
LOCATIONPortugal › Lisboa
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK35
OFFER STARTING DATE01/04/2017
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEFP7 / People-Marie Curie Actions
MARIE CURIE GRANT AGREEMENT NUMBER607545
- To compile information from written sources (archives and literature) and databases about shipbuilding techniques and associated forestry management in Portuguese Atlantic in the 16th and 17th centuries, and known or suspected Portuguese shipwrecks;
- To make an inventory of key-construction features found in previously researched Portuguese shipwrecks;
- To select a limited number of demonstration Portuguese shipwreck sites for potential survey and dendrochronology analysis;
- To synthesise results and assess best practice.
Tasks and methodology:
- Combined documentary research, collation of archaeological information, timber characterization and dendrochronology;
- Synthesis of results and dissemination.
- 6 month full time employment contract
- Additional mobility, travel and career exploratory allowances
- Supervision by recognized experts and access to state of the art research and research facilities
- Statement of Purpose in English;
- Curriculum Vitae and list of publications (if applicable);
- Copy of the MA thesis;
- If MA thesis has not been written in English, a sample of writting in English is requested (minimum of 5000 words, excluding footnotes)
All requested documents should be sent in PDF format
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELHistory: Master Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESPORTUGUESE: GoodENGLISH: Good
Palaeographic skills for Early Modern archives;
Willingness to work in a interdisciplinary environment
EURAXESS offer ID: 181382
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.