ORGANISATION/COMPANYFoundation for Research and Technology-Hellas
RESEARCH FIELDAgricultural sciencesAnthropologyBiological sciencesChemistryComputer scienceEngineeringMedical sciencesPhysics
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE28/02/2017 00:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONGreece › Heraklion or Ioannina
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK25
OFFER STARTING DATE01/04/2017
The Institute of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology (IMBB) of the Foundation for research and Technology Hellas (FORTH), in the framework of the project ARCHERS, aimed at reducing or even reversing the brain drain, which is funded by an exclusive donation of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation, is seeking to recruit up to four Ph.D. candidates.
The Ph.D. candidates awarded these Stavros Niarchos Foundation – FORTH fellowships are expected to enroll or be recently enrolled in a Ph.D. degree in a collaborating University and perform high quality research within one of the research areas, in which FORTH-IMBB excels both on the national and the international level (www.imbb.forth.gr). More specifically, the domains of interest in the present project are the science and innovation in the areas of environment, clean energy, health and the preservation of cultural heritage.
Interested candidates who meet the aforementioned requirements are kindly asked to submit electronically their applications, no later than the 28 of February 2017, 23:59 local time (Greece) to the address (email@example.com). Any application received after the deadline will not be considered for the selection. An acknowledgement email will be send to the receipt of application.
In order to be considered, the application must include:
- Filled-in Application Form (attached)
- Detailed curriculum vitae (CV) of the candidate
- Personal statement and career plans (maximum 2 pages)
- Description of the proposed research project, selection of the scientific advisor and/or host laboratory (maximum 2 pages)
- Copies of academic titles/transcripts
- Language certificates
- At least one reference letter
Enrollment certificate to a Ph. D degree (optional).
For information and questions regarding the application and selection procedure, candidates are asked to contact Mrs. Eugenia Tabakaki between 11:00 and 13:00 (firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. +30 2810-392280).
Successful candidates should achieve at least 50% of the maximum score in the sum of the above qualifications.
And interview with a selection committee may as well be scheduled for the selection.
The result of the selection will be announced on the website of IMBB-FORTH.
The selected applicant will be asked to submit the original certifications (or certified copies of them). In case the original documents do not match the copies that were submitted with the original application, the applicant will be dismissed from the application procedure. FORTH reserves the right not to accept the proposals submitted.
Candidates have the right to appeal the selection decision, by addressing their written objection to the IMBB secretariat within five (5) days since the results announcement on the web. They also have the right to access (a) the files of the candidates as well as (b) the table of candidates’ scores (ranking of candidates results). All the above information related to the selection procedure will be available at the secretariat of IMBB-FORTH in line with the Hellenic Data Protection Authority.
Web site for additional job details
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: GoodGREEK: Good
- B.Sc. degree in Biological, Anthropological, Archaeological, Chemical, Physical, Medical, Agricultural, Computational Sciences, Engineering and related fields
- M.Sc. degree in Biological, Anthropological, Archaeological, Medical, Agricultural, Computational Sciences, Engineering and related fields
- Good knowledge of Greek and English language
- Grade Point Average (G.P.A.) of the undergraduate studies (15%)
- Grade Point Average (G.P.A.) of the M.Sc. studies (15%)
- Publications in high impact peer-review journals (15%)
- Participation in national and international conferences (15%)
- Quality of the proposed project and relevance to the call (20%)
- Clarity of the personal statement and career plans (20%)
EURAXESS offer ID: 178600
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.