ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Córdoba
RESEARCH FIELDComputer science › Computer architecture
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE15/03/2017 12:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONSpain › Córdoba
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK37.5
OFFER STARTING DATE01/05/2017
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
MARIE CURIE GRANT AGREEMENT NUMBER722068
The University of Córdoba (UCO) invites 1 application to a 3-year early stage researcher position (PhD student) in GPU acceleration and heterogeneous computing within the EU project HiPerNav (High Performance soft-tissue Navigation), a Marie Curie Innovative Training Network project. The student will be affiliated with the Department of Computer Architecture, Electronics and Electronic Technology.
The appointment of the PhD researcher will be made according to general rules of University of Córdoba (http://www.uco.es/investigacion/portal/images/doc/contratos/2016/Normati...). Applicants must agree to participate in an organized doctoral study program within the period of the appointment and have to be qualified for the PhD-study.
Allowances for the researcher consist of a “living allowance” (gross salary) of 3035,36€/month and a “mobility allowance” of 600€/month. In addition, a “family allowance” will be paid in case the supported researcher has family obligations. The net salary will result from deducting all compulsory (employer/employee) social security contributions as well as direct taxes.
Women are encouraged to apply.
Candidates should provide the following when making an application:
1. A short motivation letter including: a. a short description of the work to be carried out, b. research background & competence, c. and personal interest in the position.
3. Relevant certificates and all study credits with grades. Certified copies of study credits with grades will be needed from those called to an interview.
4. Relevant research work or published papers.
5. Recommendation letters.
Please, send a email to: email@example.com
This posting is a part of a larger project (HiPerNav), with several PhD positions in locations across Europe. If you agree to, and are not selected for the position you applied, you may be transferred as applicant for other positions within this project.
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Good
• Master of science in electronics, computer science, telecommunications, or equivalent degree, are particularly relevant.
• Strong academic record with a weighted average grade of master’s or equivalent degree with a grade of B or higher.
• Strong background in Computer Architecture, C++ programming, parallel programming, and GPU programming (CUDA/OpenCL). • Special interests and competence within image enhancement, medical technology, ultrasound, stereo video processing, practical experience with research methods, and R&D work at research institutes, universities and/or the health sector can be advantageous.
• We emphasize collaborative skills, initiative, ability to accomplish tasks, practical skills, and ability to create and establish new projects in collaboration with colleagues.
Early-Stage Researcher (ESRs) shall, at the time of recruitment by the host organization, be in the first four years (full-time equivalent research experience) of their research careers and have not been awarded a doctoral degree. Mobility Rule: at the time of recruitment by the host organization, researcher must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of their host organization for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before the reference date. Compulsory national service and/or short stays such as holidays are not taken into account. As far as international European interest organizations or international organizations are concerned, this rule does not apply to the hosting of eligible researchers. However, the appointed researcher must not have spent more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to their recruitment at the host organization.
EURAXESS offer ID: 156209
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.