Working in Europe | Unemployment | Israel


General Information:


  • Student visas are not work permits!
  • If you hold a student visa, you are allowed to receive a monthly stipend. However, you are not allowed to engage in any kind of employment or receive a salary.
  • Spousal employment, Spouses are not entitled to work, their chances of receiving a work permit are almost non-existent. This applies both to officially married spouses and common-law partners.
  • Therefore Unemployment is not an issue for spouses. 
  • S/he also should show Proof of sufficient funds to cover tuition and living expenses in the visa application process (as mentioned).
  • Every institution will be able to help with a researcher’s situation and assist him with its abilities.

Information provided by EURAXESS Israel